Tray Ceiling Lighting – Electrical Building Information Modeling Services are very important for engineers and contractors at site for actual construction. An electrical Building Information Modeling BIM service mainly includes conduit layouts, cable tray layouts, lighting fixtures layouts, fire alarm layouts as well as high quality of construction and design documents.
Electrical BIM services can be widely divided into following categories:
I. Electrical 3D BIM Models:
Electrical Building Information Models cannot be created in software in open space without coordinating with other architectural and structural models. For example we cannot show 3D lighting fixtures without coordinating with architectural and structural models as lighting fixtures cannot be shown in absence of ceiling or roof. Similarly taking another example that cable tray 3D models cannot be shown without coordinating with structural walls.
Another benefit of coordinating 3D BIM models is that it helps to work out clashes if any in BIM models. Thus by coordinating BIM 3D Electrical models we can improve accuracy, efficiency, reduces errors and finally we can work out the clashes and conflicts in the models easily and smoothly.
a. Benefits of Electrical BIM coordinated models:
1. BIM coordinated model helps in the reduction of conflicts and issues occurring at the time of installation at sites.
2. Reduction in variation or change in type of materials and quantities due to high level of BIM construction documents.
3. Reduction in clashes during installation and construction due to accurate clash detection during BIM coordination process.
4. BIM coordinated model provides platform for discussion and ideas for people from different domains.
II High level of Construction Documents and Bill of Quantities/Bill of Materials
In the advanced software like Revit MEP, the construction documents are generated automatically. As we change anything in Electrical Building Information Models BIM models, it gets reflected in construction documents or BOQ’s / BOM’s automatically by auto update process.
Construction documents are actually the sequential steps to initiate with construction installation process. Construction documents also contain the Bill of Quantities, Material specifications, equipment location and much other information required at the time of construction and installation.
For example for BIM electrical services in lighting layouts, construction documents will contain no. of light fixtures, make of fixtures as well as its type with location with reference to walls or any other reference like column reference can be used for basement lighting.
Following are the BIM electrical drawings in which construction documents can be provided:
1. Lighting fixture layouts, emergency lighting layouts as well as power layouts
2. Fire alarm layouts and Public address layouts
3. Cable sizing and cable tray layouts
4. Panels and load scheduling
5. Equipment location and sizing
By using Electrical BIM Services we can easily extract 3D models, design installation steps and procedure, produce high level construction documents everything essential from a single platform called Electrical BIM models.